Mold and mildew grow in moist areas, like a damp basement or the cabinet under your kitchen sink. Molds reproduce through tiny spores that float through the air. If you are sensitive to molds, breathing in these spores can cause:
- Nasal stuffiness
- Sneezing or wheezing
Dust mites the most common trigger of allergy and asthma symptoms also thrive in high humidity. They can live in bedding, curtains, and rugs, as well as the air in your home.
A dehumidifier brings down the level of moisture in your home, making it unfriendly to dust mites and limiting the growth of mold and mildew.
Use a dehumidifier if you have allergies or asthma and you live in a humid climate or have signs of moisture in your home, like:
* All information and source are for reference only.
|<< ASTHMA UK||The Star Online >>|